An OFW's excitement turns to dismay, as 1-hour delay with Cebu Pacific Air becomes 3 days. Netizen Charizza Mae Sabusap, a first time 'bakasyonista' is so excited to come home for the first time after more than a year of working abroad. Not only that this is her first time, but she wanted to attend 2 most important occasions, her parents 25th wedding anniversary and her sister's wedding.
At Dubai Airport Terminal, their June 28 flight with the Cebu Pacific Air 5J 015 was delayed for 3-hours, and eventually take-off in the morning of June 29. But unfortunately, after 3-4 hours of flying, the pilot announced that they need an emergency landing in India due to some engine troubles.
She's so pissed-off that she wrote on her FB account an open letter to the CebuPac Management.
Dear Cebu Pacific Air,
I am an OFW and after 1 year and 9 months of hardships working abroad, this will be my first time to go back home. I've been waiting for that day, June 28 so the excitement of going home and seeing your loved ones was there. I will go home because I want to be there on my parents 25th wedding anniversary and to attend my sister's wedding as well. So I need sometime for the preparation on the said occasions. But all the happiness and excitement was turned into a horror story. And it's all because of you CEBU PACIFIC AIRLINES! I feel traumatized because of what happened. You've caused a lot of stress in me. Here are the reasons why:
1. My flight supposedly was on June 28, 11:10pm via Cebu Pacific Airlines 5J 015. I came to Dubai Airport Terminal 1 around 9pm, check in by 10pm then waiting for boarding by 10:40pm. I was happy that we will just wait for sometime to get into the plane but unfortunately, they announced that our flight will be delay for 1 hour.
2. After 1 hour, there was no announcement from Cebu Pacific about our flight so we've waited again for an hour. After 2 hours, we get into the plane but we left Dubai around 2:20am, June 29. So we've waited for a total of almost 3 hours.
3. There was no free meal given by the airlines despite of the delay. Thank God, me and my Aunt brought our own food and we were able to eat but we just brought one meal coz were just expecting for 8 hours travel. So I just asked one cabin crew for water. But this girl was not approachable and she was not even smiling. She even answered me "later". Wow! Later? She still have the guts to answer me later. I've waited for the flight for 3 hours and that made me hungry so I just asked for water. Is it hard? What kind of customer service you have?
4. While on our way to Manila, after 3-4hours of flying, the pilot announced that we need an emergency landing in India due to some engine problems. They instructed us to just sit and wait because they will just repair the engine. They keep on telling that they will just test the engine so we need to sit and put the seat belt but after almost 9 hours of waiting, nothing happened. Were just stranded inside the plane. They were also telling that they will give free meals and snacks, we just need to wait because they preparing for it. Yes, they gave free meals but they just gave small piece of sandwich and 1 small glass of soda for almost 9 f*cking hours. Wtf. Were all hungry and tired. Were all stranded inside the plane, no food, no internet so there was no communication to our loved ones from the Philippines.
5. After almost 9 hours, that was the only time they decided that we need to check in a hotel here in Mumbai, India while waiting for the other plane for connecting flights.
6. After going to the airport, that was the only time we connected to internet and talked to our loved ones in the Philippines. I feel sorry for my family who've waited for me for almost 7 hours in the Philippine airport.
7. We surrendered our passport to India Immigration then the airport staff told us to just stay there and wait for our baggage. After almost 3-4 hours of waiting, we checked in to a hotel, Orchid Hotel to be specific while waiting for a flight to Hongkong or Thailand then to Manila.
8. We had the chance to eat and sleep well but before the day ends, there was no instruction what time we need to wake up so we can prepare for check out.
We've been here for almost 2 days turning 3 days now and until now, there's no specific update from Cebu Pacific. As of the moment, there are some passengers who flew and paid on their own pocket. There are some passengers are already booked and have flight now going to Thailand then Manila. But the worst thing here, our passports were distributed to a certain person we don't even know. Very ridiculous.
CEBU PACIFIC, wake up! Please send a representative from your side who will give the exact details regarding the plan. We need assistance. We need an immediate response. Please give clear instructions and assistance from your staffs. Our time is running.
We saved money because of your promotion but look at the inconvenience you've given us. You should pay for all of this. This is just my first time I used this airlines but this will surely be the last time. No more Cebu Pacific! WE NEED TO GO HOME ASAP!! We're very desperate here. We feel so helpless.
The situation is very horrible. Please pray for our trip as soon as possible. PS: Thanks for the pilot for making a decision of emergency landing. God is good. We're safe.